Metals Monitor (Model Xact 640)
CES’ Xact 640 system uses reel-to-reel (RTR) filter tape sampling and nondestructive X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis to monitor stack HAP metal emissions. An isokinetic sub-sample of stack gas is taken from the stilling chamber and drawn through a chemically reactive filter tape. Vapor phase metals, including mercury (Hg), are deposited along with the particulate matter (PM) on the filter tape.
The deposit is automatically advanced and analysed by XRF for selected metals as the next sample is being collected. Sampling and analysis are performed continuously and simultaneously, except during advancement of the tape (~20 sec) and during daily-automated quality assurance checks.
The Xact 640 monitoring system can simultaneously identify and measure multiple metals in flue gas to provide data for use in the following applications.
- Hg CEMS
- HAP metals CEMS
- Baselining a new process
- Optimization of emission controls
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management
Cooper Environmental instruments are sold with 1 years parts warranty as STANDARD.
The warranty can, at additional cost, be extended for total peace of mind. Please call to discuss options for this.
Cooper Environmental instruments require periodic service and maintenance to both satisfy the requirements of the warranty and to ensure that the highest possible data capture rates are maintained.
Enviro Technology has a large team of in-house and field based service engineers who regularly receive “factory training” and can provide the very best levels of service and support.
Enviro Technology and Cooper Environmental recommend that both the Xact 640 and Xact 625i have a XRF System calibration and full service carried out at 12 monthly intervals, if the Analysers are run continuously.
A wide range of servicing options are available and can include:
- Pre-scheduled on-site planned maintenance (every 6 months).
- Emergency on-site call-out within agreed timescales (i.e. 48 hours).
- Supply of consumable items (i.e. sample inlet filters).
- Supply of calibration gases and permeation tubes.
- Supply of permeation tube calibrators and zero air generators
- Remote analyser “health-checks” and diagnostics.
- Return-to-base servicing options.
- Local site operation services.
- Data collection and data management services.
Please contact either our sales or customer services teams to request a quotation for on going servicing and maintenance on this analyser.