Real-Time Portable, Beta Attenuation Mass Monitor (Model BAM 1022)
The BAM 1022 Real-Time Portable Beta Attenuation Mass Monitor, continuously measures the mass concentration of ambient particulate matter collected onto glass filter tape with time resolution of one-minute.
The BAM 1022 employs an in-line sampling geometry in which the attenuation of beta rays across filter media is measured and particulate matter is sampled simultaneously. This allows ambient sampling to occur for virtually 60 minutes each hour. It also allows for beta ray measurements to be made for virtually the entire hour thereby improving sensitivity and time resolution.
The BAM 1022 employs a unique “in-situ” sampling technique where the beta measurement is kept at a near fixed temperature above ambient conditions, thereby minimizing measurement error due to loss of semivolatile particulate material or due to excessive moisture in the sample stream. Highly accurate measurements are made without having to employ expensive Nafion dryers thereby increasing reliability and decreasing operating costs.
The BAM 1022 offers the following advanced features:
• In-Situ measurement of PM that provides high accuracy, minimal measurement artifacts.
• Reduced background determination frequency.
• Unsurpassed performance under high ambient dew point operation.
• Advanced communications features allowing remote operation and cloud-based communication.
• Advanced diagnostics.
• Improved sensitivity compared to other in-line beta attenuation mass monitors.
• Meteorological and other sensor inputs.
• Criteria-Grade Air Quality Surveillance Networks
• Near-Roadside PM Monitoring
• Rapid-Deployment Applications
• Research and Development
All Met One instruments are sold with 1 years parts warranty as STANDARD.
The warranty can, at additional cost, be extended for total peace of mind. Please call to discuss options for this.
Met One instruments require periodic service and maintenance to both satisfy the requirements of the warranty and to ensure that the highest possible data capture rates are maintained.
Enviro Technology has a large team of in-house and field based service engineers who regularly receive “factory training” and can provide the very best levels of service and support.
Enviro Technology and Met One recommend that the BAM-1022 Real-Time Portable Beta Attenuation Mass Monitor is serviced every 6 months of continuous operation.
A wide range of servicing options are available and can include:
- Pre-scheduled on-site planned maintenance (every 6 months).
- Emergency on-site call-out within agreed timescales (i.e. 48 hours).
- Supply of consumable items (i.e. sample inlet filters).
- Supply of calibration gases and permeation tubes.
- Supply of permeation tube calibrators and zero air generators
- Remote analyser “health-checks” and diagnostics.
- Return-to-base servicing options.
- Local site operation services.
- Data collection and data management services.
Please contact either our sales or customer services teams to request a quotation for on going servicing and maintenance on this analyser.