CH4, CO2, H2O Microportable Gas Analyser (MGGA - 918)
ABB's LGR-ICOS new ground-breaking Microportable Greenhouse Gas Analysers (M-GGA-918 and M-GPC-918) report fugitive emissions measurements of methane and carbon dioxide simultaneously in a 5.4kg, handbag-size, package that is compact and crushproof. Small enough to be carried on-board aircraft (TSA approved size) and requiring less than 35 watts, the M-GGA-918 and M-GPC-918 travel anywhere, initiates data collection within 20 seconds after power up, may be operated wirelessly with a smartphone or tablet, and opens up new opportunities to measure methane and carbon dioxide everywhere. For example, this instrument allows measurements of natural gas leaks while you walk with a sensitivity that is more than 1000 times better than conventional methods based on flame ionization. This allows leak detection from distances far from the source and with much greater reliability.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight, less than 6 Kg (13 pounds)
- Continuous measurements
- Data reported every second with high sensitivity
- Ideal for soil flux studies and field measurements of greenhouse gases
- Extremely wide linear range, CH4 range up to 10% (optional)
- No cross interferences
- Operates directly on DC power
- Fast gas flow response time (3 seconds, 1/e)
- Records data within 20 seconds after power on
- Multiple data outputs and internet connectivity
All LGR Analysers now come with a 2 Year Warranty as standard, underlying the quality and robustness of their manufacture and high reliability. Warranties can also be extended to 3 or 4 years at additional cost, at the time of purchase. Please enquire for further details.
Under normal operation and for the vast majority of applications, LGR Off-axis ICOS gas analysers require the minimum of servicing and maintenance.
One of the many benefits of this technology is long-term unattended reliability in the field.
Annual maintenance would normally include an inspection of the internal pump (or external pump if fitted) and the replacement of the pump diaphragm and valve seals if necessary.
This can be carried out by the user themselves or by ET either on site or back in the ET workshop (for a maintenance quote, please contact us).
ET recommends that LGR Analyser users consider the purchase of a field maintenance kit which includes:
- Replacement solid-state hard-drive with LGR operating system and specific system files pre-loaded, for quick and simple swap-out in the field if ever necessary.
- Pump maintenance kit (internal) to include spare pump diaphragm and valve seals.
- Mirror cleaning kit.
Please contact us if you would like to receive a quote for the field maintenance kit.
Additional maintenance will be required for the LGR Liquid Water Isotope Analyser (LWIA) and Auto-injector unit and also the LGR Dissolved Gas Extraction Unit (DGEU).
For these instruments, please refer to the operation manual supplied with these instruments.