H2O Liquid Water Isotope Analyser (Model LWIA)
The Los Gatos Research (LGR) Liquid Water Isotope Analyser provides measurements of δ18O and δ2H of water in liquid and discrete vapor samples with unsurpassed precision and speed. Now, measurements of δ18O and δ2H are reported at the unmatched speed of 1080 injections per day. With the typical operating procedure (6 injections per sample), this measurement rate yields 150 unknowns and 30 reference samples per day.
The LWIA is ideal for a wide variety of hydrological, analytical, and biological applications that involve measurements of fresh water, seawater, and other liquids. The analyser’s ease-of-use, field durability, and high throughput make it the industry standard analyser for these types of measurements.
Features and Benefits
- 1080 injections per day (150 unknowns per day) without sacrificing data quality
- Unsurpassed precision and unmatched accuracy
- Easy switch between high throughput and high performance modes in seconds – no additional hardware required
- High-resolution absorption spectra are viewable continuously for realtime diagnostics
- Low power: Only 150 watts
- Rugged: Proven in the field and in the laboratory
- Flexible: Also measures water-vapor samples via syringe
- GLA132-LWIA - Ultraportable Liquid Water Isotopic Analyser
- GLA431-LWIA - Enhanced Performance, Benchtop, liquid only, measures δ2H and δ18O).
- GLA431-TLWIA - Enhanced Performance, Benchtop, liquid only, measures δ2H, δ18O, and δ17O)
- GLA431-IWA (enhanced-performance benchtop, liquid and vapour, measures δ2H and δ18O).
- GLA431-TIWA (enhanced-performance benchtop, liquid and vapour, measures δ2H, δ18O, and δ17O).
The “Triple” Liquid Water Isotope Analyser (GLA431-TLWIA) adds a second laser to the Off-Axis ICOS cavity, to enable measurements of δ17O and δ17O-excess, in addition to δ2H and δ18O. This enables researchers to make new, novel measurements of δ17O ratios in liquid water, while retaining all of the features and the same form factor as the standard GLA431-LWIA.
All LGR Analysers now come with a 2 Year Warranty as standard, underlying the quality and robustness of their manufacture and high reliability. Warranties can also be extended to 3 or 4 years at additional cost, at the time of purchase. Please enquire for further details.
Under normal operation and for the vast majority of applications, LGR Off-axis ICOS gas analysers require the minimum of servicing and maintenance.
One of the many benefits of this technology is long-term unattended reliability in the field.
Annual maintenance would normally include an inspection of the internal pump (or external pump if fitted) and the replacement of the pump diaphragm and valve seals if necessary.
This can be carried out by the user themselves or by ET either on site or back in the ET workshop (for a maintenance quote, please contact us).
ET recommends that LGR Analyser users consider the purchase of a field maintenance kit which includes:
- Replacement solid-state hard-drive with LGR operating system and specific system files pre-loaded, for quick and simple swap-out in the field if ever necessary.
- Pump maintenance kit (internal) to include spare pump diaphragm and valve seals.
- Mirror cleaning kit.
Please contact us if you would like to receive a quote for the field maintenance kit.
Additional maintenance will be required for the LGR Liquid Water Isotope Analyser (LWIA) and Auto-injector unit and also the LGR Dissolved Gas Extraction Unit (DGEU).
For these instruments, please refer to the operation manual supplied with these instruments.